Now Booking 2015 Newborns {Durham, NC Newborn Photographer}


Can you believe it is already December and almost a new year!? This little hobby of mine that started back about 5 years ago has really begun to blossom into something pretty incredible. For those of you who haven't heard the news... we are going to be building a studio! It's nothing huge or elaborate, but something a little better than my kitchen! (More on that later when we actually break ground and get it going.)

I have talked and debated and lost sleep over where I want to take this hobby of mine. I've had a passion for photography since a very young age and I love it so much. I always told my husband I wanted to keep it a hobby and never let it get to the point that I wasn't excited about it. 

After many discussions and throwing ideas around, I have decided (for now) that in 2015 my main focus is going to be newborn photography. I feel this is an area that I want to continue to learn and grow in. I love to capture those fresh moments that are gone so quickly in the blink of your eyes. 

In 2013, I think I had a total of 9 newborns that I took pictures of. In 2014 that number jumped to 23. Some of them being friends and a few were newborn "mini sessions" but 23 fresh, tiny, beautiful and perfect little newborns. 

 

I love family sessions and I absolutely love chasing toddlers and making them giggle. (If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you know I chase my own around daily and love every minute of it!) 


This being said I am NOT completely wiping these sessions from my life. Let me repeat- I AM NOT COMPLETELY WIPING OTHER SESSIONS FROM MY CALENDAR.

However, newborns will be taking priority in my scheduling in 2015. I typically book my newborns 2-4 months in advance giving myself space in my calendar for a due date window and being able to complete the session within the first 10 days. Some months I book quickly, while others I tend to have openings. You can read more about my newborn sessions here.




Next on the list of scheduling priority will be previous newborn clients who are booking a milestone session. (Sitting up, smash cake, etc.) | Also included here are maternity sessions for those who have booked their newborn session with LSP.

I will also continue to hold mini sessions throughout the year (typically at least one set each season and several in the fall and winter.) | Mini sessions are typically scheduled at one location back to back. They are short sessions with only a few images. Good for updating your family photos, holiday cards and more. I will make a blog section about my mini sessions soon to share more information.

If at this point, my calendar seems to have some spaces to fill and I can still spend time with my own sweet family while doing so, I will throw in some family sessions, bridal portraits, engagement sessions, etc.! 

I hope I haven't just talked typed myself in circles. :) The moral of the story here is don't hesitate to ask if you are interested in a session, just keep in mind that I may be booked... and if you want to book a newborn session, book it as far in advance as possible.




Feel free to click the links at the top of this blog for more information on my prices and packages. 

Follow me on Facebook to be the first to know about openings in my schedule and mini session dates!


xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts